HISTORY OF THE SITEI don't think I ever had any interest in maintaining a website until I started playing with a band. That is when I had my first experience designing, maintaining and all out creating a website. It was a totally failed venture as the site itself was hideous and was terribly designed. I did however give me some experience in how to design and work a little bit with HTML.
After that I moved in with a friend, Mark, and from talking to him he got me excited and I think we briefly worked on a site, PurpleMonkeyDishwasher, which I believe never came to anything. But, soon after that Mark started a site called The Vast Minority, and he asked people to contribute to it regarding any subject the author wished. I really liked that and at about the same time I started my own site. I don't really recall a lot of what I personally wrote for The Vast Minority, but I have found a few posts that I put up there and might re-publish them here.
At that point I started writing more on my own website. The first post that you see in the archives is not actually the first post. There were a lot more before it, but at some point I got worried that my boss, who I constantly wrote about in negative ways, would somehow find the site and find some way to come after me financially, which is something he might be likely to do. So I deleted a bunch of stuff thinking I would get rid of any evidence that might come back to bite me, then later decided that he wasn't web savvy enough to find it.
So I have been keeping up with this site for about 5 years.
MY HISTORYI was born in Wisconsin in the 1970s, but just barely. I know I attended Kindergarten in Wisconsin, and know that soon after that my family moved to Aurora, Colorado. I went to public school until 4th grade, then I went to Catholic school until 7th grade. After that I went back to public school.
After high school graduation I moved to Midland, Texas because I don't think I knew what else to do at the time and my brother was going to school there, so it seemed like a good idea to go down there and attend school with my brother. After one semester I decided to move back to Colorado.
Back in Colorado I found a job at Mail Boxes Etc. where I worked quite a bit and attended a few classes at night. After a couple semesters of that I decided to go back to normal school. Under the advice of my mother I looked into Regis University and started in the Fall of 2000. During college I relearned my passion for music and started playing bass guitar, which is still my favorite instrument to play, and started playing with a band. I don't think we were ever that good, but we had fun and thought at the time that we were great. Listening to it now I think we were all just a little bit hung over most of the time.
I continued working at Mail Boxes Etc. until after I graduated from Regis. But, soon after graduation I thought it was best to move on. I found a job with a mortgage company that hired me, trained me for one day, then the following day came through and did a big sweep of layoffs and closed the office that I was working in.
Sometime very soon after being laid off from my job of one day, an old customer of mine from MBE called me and asked if I would be interested in working for him in his office where he and his wife were financial planners. I worked for them for 3 years and hated it from about the 3rd or 4th month.
Constantly in search of a job, my sister-in-law told me to apply with her company and being young and thinking I didn't like Midland I looked and saw a job in Corning, New York. I applied for the job and was given a phone interview with the District Manager. He and I talked and I guess ultimately he decided that I wouldn't fit very well, so he didn't hire me. I applied for a lot of other jobs and had a bunch of other interviews, but none of them ever worked out.
My sister-in-law talked me into applying again a few years later and that time it got me an interview with a different District Manager who brought me down to Midland and who, about 1 month after the interview, gave me a job.
I started working in the warehouse keeping it organized and making sure all the salesmen had everything they needed in order to do their job and covered their areas when they were on vacation. About six months after became the asset coordinator for the whole district spanning all of West Texas and New Mexico. I really enjoyed doing this and took on a second district pretty quickly. In May of 2007 I took on a third district.
In October of 2007 I was given the opportunity to help out a different region. I moved to Aberdeen, Scotland for a month and helped out there the best that I could. Around the end of that trip there was a restructuring going on. I called my boss and asked him if I needed to be concerned to which he replied he had other plans for me.
I arrived home in November and a week later went to a meeting with my boss where he told me that he would like me to consider a job in the Middle East. I considered it and took the initial visit. I have been living in Dubai for the last 3 months, February until April 2007. The final contract is being written now and I could be here for the next two years.
What I Like To Do
I enjoy Music: playing it, listening to it, watching it.
I enjoy Hunting: Duck is my favorite followed closely by deer.
I enjoy Movies: Anything, and I am sure the makers of such stinkers as New York Minute appreciate that.
I enjoy Reading: Mostly science fiction and history.
I enjoy Television: 24 and Scrubs being the two shows I love the most.